York University is a leading research innovator in Canada. Working across disciplines and with global partners, we develop ideas and connect with policymakers and practitioners to create meaningful change and a more globally competitive Canada.
Research at York takes place in every discipline and spans the spectrum of programs from the pure and applied sciences to business, law, fine arts, the humanities and social sciences. York has renowned research strength in areas such as space science, vision science, aboriginal and indigenous studies, history and psychology. Home to 24 research centres, our commitment to taking focused risks and our passion for innovation stakes a claim to a future that touches almost every facet of complex world issues.
York's Key Thematic Research Areas
Our interdiscplinary research focus enables our researchers to draw on their established expertise and push beyond traditional research methods to respond to issues and challenges that shape our world. Engaging the best researchers across a diversity of disciplines, York is confronting challenges in a new way. Building on its strengths, York is branching out with a bold and strategic research plan in four thematic research areas:
- Culture Entertainment research
- Health research
- International Studies research
- Sustainability research
- Centre for Jewish Studies;
- Canadian Centre for German and European Studies (CCGES);
- Centre for Research on Latin American and the Caribean (CERLAC);
- Centre for Asian Studies;
- Centre for Research on Language and Culture Contact;
- Center for Feminist Research;
- Centre for Practical Ethics;
- Institute for Research & Innovation in Sustainability;
- Institute for Social Research;
- York Centre for International and Security Studies.
Find out more at www.research.yorku.ca.